Dr. Naveen Thota M.D., (General Medicine) D.M., (Neurology)
Fellow of Parkinson’s Disease & Other Movement Disorders (NIMHANS)
Dr. Naveen Thota
Dr. Naveen Thota is the First Movement disorder specialist in Andhra Pradesh. He pursued his medical education from some of the prestigious institutes:
- M.B.B.S from Andhra Medical College
- M.D from Guntur Medical College
- D.M Neurology from SVIMS, Tirupati
- Fellowship in Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders from NIMHANS, Banglore
He has wide exposure in management of all neurological disorders and has extensive clinical experience in treating Parkinson's and other movement disorders. Performed the First 'DEEP BRAIN STIMU LATION (DBS)' for Parkinson's Disease in Andhra Pradesh. A total of 50 patients of various Movement disorders underwent DBS were benefitted till date
Clinical and Academic Experience
- Oct 2018-Till date: Consultant Neurologist and Movement disorder Specialist, Anu Institute of Neuro and Cardiac Sciences, Vijayawada
- 2016 – Oct 2018 : Associate professor of Neurology : SVIMS Incharge Movement Disorder Program
- 2012 – 2016 : Assistant professor of Neurology : SVIMS
- Key member of the team successful in conducting APNEURUCON – 2014 And MDSI – 2016
- Initiating founder of full fledge movement disorder program in SVIMS only centre in the state of Andhra Pradesh to do this work
- Conducted Botulinum Toxin Work Shop ( October 2017) and faculty in GITAMS University, Vizag
- Organizing secretary at first ever “Live workshop for DBS in PD” and faculty in SVIMS (May 2018), Tirupati
- Faculty in “Botlinum Toxin work shop in Nerological Disorders” @ NIMHANS (September 2017)
- Faculty in “Pearls 2018” ( December 2018)Nellore
- Faculty “SYNAPS 2019” ( FEB 2019) SVIMS, Tirupati
- Faculty “ Functional Imaging Update: PET in Parkinsonism” (OCT 2019)
- Faculty “ Apomorphine Hype or Hope” pearls 2019 Nellore
- Faculty “Multi Factorial Balance Dysfunction” December 2019 (Nellore)
- Faculty “ Paediatric Update” February 2020 (Vijayawada)
Experience in field of Neuromodulation
- Member of the movement disorder team for 18 DBS procedures conducted during the fellowship In NIMHANS.
- Initiated and successfully performed 40 procedures of DBS at our centre (SVIMS)
- Initiated and successfully performed 10 procedures of DBS at Anu Neoro and Cardiac Hospital, Vijayawada till date taking total case to 50
- Actively Programmed 256 cases of DBS
- Vengamma B, Varadaraja. J, NaveenT. A rare case of Dravet syndrome in a 13 year old child” In Journal clinical scientific research. [JCSR, 2014]
- Rao JVB, Vengamma B, Naveen T, Ramakrishna G. Isolated hemimegalencephaly in an adult. Journal of Neurology in rural practice. 2014;5:439-41.
- VijayaBhaskar Rao J,Vengamma B, Naveen T, Naveen V. Lead encephalopathy in adults: A report of two cases. J Neurosci RuralPract2014;5:161-3.
- Rao JV, Vengamma B, Naveen T, Ramakrishna G. Isolated hemimegalencephaly in an adult. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2014;5:439-41.
- Thota Naveen, G. Rama Krishna, Bhuma Vengamma, D. Dayakar, J. Dushyanth. “Clinical Manifestations, Radiological Findings and Outcome in Cerebral Vein and Dural Sinus Thrombosis: A Prospective Study”. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; 2015, 2(39); 6171-81
- Nataraja P, Naveen Prasad SV, Obulareddy G, Ch. Anil, Naveen T, Vengamma B. Cerebrovascular manifestations following scorpion sting. J Clin Sci Res 2015;5:188-91. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15380/2277-5706.JCSR.15.037.
- Bhaskara Rao JV , Vengamma B, Naveen T, Rao MS. Opercular myoclonic-anarthric status epilepticus: A report of two cases. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2013 Oct;16(4):565-8. doi: 10.4103/0972-2327.120470
- Jasti DB, Naveen Prasad SV, Naveen T, Vengamma B. Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease presenting as brainstem encephalitis with secondary blepharospasm. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2016;7:157-60.
- Choudary G P, Lakshmi AY, Chandra V V, Thota N, Chowhan AK. Perfusion weighted imaging in differentiating ring-enhancing lesions in brain. J NTR Univ Health Sci 2019;8:162-9
- Thota, N., Lenka, A., George, L., Hegde, S., Arumugham, S. S., Prasad, S., … Pal, P. K. (2017). Impaired frontal lobe functions in patients with Parkinson’s disease and psychosis. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 30, 192–195. doi:10.1016/j.ajp.2017.10.01
- Gajula RK, Thota N, Bhuma V, et al. The spectrum of inflammatory demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2016; 3(14), 503- 506. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2016/115
- NaveenPrasad S.V., NaveenThota, AnilKumarK.et al. Clinical Profile of Patients with Guillain ¬Barre Syndrome (GBS). International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2018; 10(3), 264-8. DOI:10.21088/inns.0975.0223.10318.19
- Naveen Thota, Naveen Prasad S.V., Anil Kumar K. et al. Prospective Nerve Conduction Studies among Patients with Guillain ¬Barre Syndrome. International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2018; 10(3), 252-9. DOI:10.21088/inns.0975.0223.10318.17
- Lenka A, Thota N, Stezin A, Pal PK, Yadav R. Orofacial involuntary movements in neurosyphilis: beyond the candy sign. Tremor Other Hyperkinet Mov. 2017; 7. doi: 10.7916/D8000DKM
- Naveen Thota., et al. “Phenotypic Variability and Anticipation in a Family of D178N-Familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease”. Acta Scientific Neurology 4.4 (2021): 15-18.
SENTINI BRAIN INSTITUTE, SENTINI HOSPITAL, #54-15-5 B&C, Ring Rd, beside Vinayak Theatre, Veterinary Colony, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520008 Vijayawada Andhra Pradesh
- Phone: +91 97046 17579
- Whatsapp: +91 97046 17579